Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beautiful, beautiful Rome....Georgia that is!

I had a great opportunity to head out to the South for a wedding on Hubby's side of the family. I had not been in the South for years, since my parents lived in Tenn. for a short time. I forgot how beautiful it was. I have never been to the northwestern part of Georgia. Spring is just starting to fill the trees with new buds and the Dogwood Trees were blooming with amazing flowers. I enjoyed capturing some of the images we saw. I can not wait to go back for another visit.
This was a beautiful old mill which is right by Hubby's Aunt's old home. The church is right behind this and the bride had her pictures taken in front of it. I can imagine how they looked.

This church is right on the edge of Downtown Rome. We had to stop to get some pictures. The history is just amazing there.

These flowers captivated me the entire trip. I just love how fresh they look.

The Dogwood Tree in front of this church is just perfect.

I know it is a little strange to take pictures of a cemetery, but this is one of the most interesting I have seen in this country. It is built with retaining walls on this fairly large hill. We found a gravestone dating back to 1783.

So serene...


This is a gravestone of an Unknown soldier from WWI. The large tree next to it has grown completely around this headstone. I have never seen anything like it. These are not small headstones and this sure was not a small tree. It just shows how long these have been there. It was a sight to see.

It was such an amazing trip. I loved the sights, sounds and family. There is something special about the South

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Can you please tell me the name of the church/churches in these pictures? Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Encouraging Words